- Decongests and opens up the respiratory system. Put a drop or two in a handkerchief or mask, cover your nose and mouth and breath!
- If you're experiencing digestive issues, use it one drop well diluted in another oil - like coconut - and massage the stomach clockwise. Peppermint tea will boost the effects. Do not use undiluted on your skin, it will feel cold but can cause burning.
- A cold compress of Peppermint (plus Lavender if you'd like) on the forehead and temples can relieve headaches, sometimes migraines. Stimulates the brain and clears thinking.
- One of the best essential oils for decongesting and opening breathing passages. Again, a few drops in a handkerchief or mask will do you. Feel free to mix and match or make a blend to use with the other oils listed here!
- Antiseptic, so great support for the immune system as you breathe :)
- My favorite variety for its smell is Eucalyptus radiata, second and probably most common is Eucalyptus globulus. Ultimately go with what smells best to you.
- Piercing quality is again great for clearing respiratory issues and mental fog.
- Pain relieving for muscles and great for hydrating the skin - add 1 drop to moisturizers or sunscreen and rub all over, especially legs and feet.
- Powerful antiseptic so will help fight infections of all sorts and support the immune system.
- Powerful immune system booster (antibacterial), stimulating the body's natural defense system.
- Use a drop to treat cuts but CAUTION do not use on skin that will be exposed to the sun. All citrus oils (except Grapefruit) will make your skin WAY more susceptible to burn!
- One drop swirled around your mouth and on your gums is a great to keep them healthy and clean, or add a drop to your drinking water - good for your mouth and immune system!
- Another essential oil I always travel with! Calming, cooling, soothing, great to help bring the body and mind back into balance and relax.
- Healing for the skin - Especially good for sunburn (with aloe) and straight onto burns/scratches! Super gentle, but it's good practice to dilute if applying to large areas of skin.
- Use one drop diluted in moisturizer/oil - or rubbed into your palms, very lightly - applied to the face (avoiding eyes) to help keep your skin clean, I find it helps control breakouts with its antibacterial properties. You could also put one drop on a wipe and use it to clean your face and body. Great deodorant too!
- Make a lavender spray (water/grain alcohol + lavender essential oil) to mist all over for midday when it's super hot and you want to cool down and relax. Or before bedtime when you need to decompress and catch some Z's.
Any other ideas or must-haves you can think of? Please share in the comments below!
Got Bugs? No real biting bugs issues on the Playa - if you're going camping somewhere with bugs though, Lemon Eucalyptus oil is what you need. Again, make a spray, a STRONG spray. Works wonders and actually lasts to keep those mosquitos and ticks away.