Who likes working out when they've been at work all day? (Some do, I don't!)
Movement is one of the number one ways to beat low-energy and the blues. It might seem counter-intuitive that using energy will give you more, but remember those old lawnmowers you had to pull-start? That's what a few minutes of movement does for your energy (and metabolism)!
So what MOVES you? Hint: What's fun? Try a dance class (or dance party with your friends/kids/dog in your own living room), hula hooping, martial arts, backyard-freestyle (or kitchen!) badminton, freeze tag, a long walk on the beach... let your creativity flow!
Have just 5 minutes (right now) between tasks? Don't check your email or Facebook again - try one of these instead:
- Run around the block. That's right, in whatever clothes you're wearing. Sneakers are a good idea, though.
- Blast the music and bogey down: put on the most bouncy, happy song you know and dance as hard as you can for one whole song. Full body shaking and grooving.
- Hula hoop - kids got one hanging out in the garage? Whip it out. And blast the music for this too, if you can. And yes, they make ones for adults - mine's from Hoop Mamas!
- Pull-start your lawn mower! (Kidding!)
- Stretch and jump. Counter-act all that sitting with some reaching for the sky, reaching for your toes, and jumping up and down for one full minute. Seriously simple, not so easy!
Post a Comment