Just as I wouldn't expect to feel clean without taking a shower, I can't expect to feel strong and sexy without feeding myself clean, whole foods.
Here's what I packed for myself out of self-love, out of a desire to feel good physically and mentally, out of an intention to have some control over my choices for eating while flying last month.
- bags of carrots and radishes and sliced red peppers
- whole cucumber
- carton of cherry tomatoes
- heart of romaine (peel off leaves and eat! I love the fresh crunch!)
- apples and mandarins and other hard fruits
- whole grain and seed crackers
- avocado and sea salt packets (snagged from Whole Foods!)
- nut butter packets (I love walnut and almond!)
- dark chocolate
- nuts and seeds and dried fruit
- kale chips
I also always bring an empty water bottle through security with me (you can bring it through empty and then simply refill it on the other side). Or I make sure to buy myself the biggest bottle of water I can find.
Hydration is tantamount to your well-being, digestion and immune system when you travel... and staying hydrated gives you a good excuse to get up and stretch your legs and body more often ;)
What makes you feel good when you travel?