Why do I try all these wild things? I'm curious. I want to feel amazing. I love and respect my body. I want to live fully expressed. It's good for me to stretch out of my comfort zone and try new things. But mostly, I just want to know what works and feels best for me.
Dabbling is like dating. You make a date, show up, feel it out, see if the sparks fly, and then decide if you want to make another date. Over the past year of dating around, I've fallen in completely in love. I've been building up a relationship with them for over a year now.... Essential oils! Aromatherapy.
I've been using my sensitivity as a superpower to enjoy smelling more of life! Not to mention the amazing biochemical effects of using oils...
I was given my first tiny sample bottle over a year ago - and I was instantly hooked. It was a spicy blend of cinnamon, clove, orange... I can't remember every oil that was blended into the little bottle the size of my thumbnail, but I was smitten. I've been collecting oils ever since. Just a few months ago I received a Raindrop Technique massage, a powerful essential oil-based balancing and detoxing treatment. I was blown away.
And then it happened. Or, rather: I chose it. I said yes:
Last week I joined the Young Living essential oils family. I am now an aromatherapy consultant and am bringing oils to my coaching clients and friends! Essential oils are plant-derived and all-natural, though potent and powerful medicine in many cases. They can be used for refreshing and healing the skin, helping with digestion, boosting the immune system, relaxation, sleep, mental clarity and enhancing spiritual connection. Amazing, right?
Yes, skeptics might say there's some placebo effect in action. But at the end of the day, that's fine with me, because the placebo EFFECT is still real. And I've been feeling the effects firsthand. Not only has my body been loving them but I notice them effecting my mood, mental state and sense of intention, focus, ritual and self-care.
My 8 Favorite Essential Oils & Blends:
- Lavender: Versatile, gentle, cleansing and soothing for the skin. Relaxing, balancing, calming. Love to drift off to sleep with it and add it to my face moisturizer.
- Frankincense: Rejuvenating to the skin! It smells earthy, spicy, piney. Calming, it can increase spirituality and inner strength. Love it on my face and to enhance my sense of grounding and connection to center.
- Lemon: Boosts the body's natural defenses (you can eat it & cook with it)! A fresh, instant pick-me-up, promoting energy and mental clarity. Love 1-2 drops in my water bottle and salad dressing!
- Peppermint: Oh clear freshness! Supports digestion and eases tension. Uplifting and energizing aroma. Love it for when I get headaches from staring at screens too long.
- Ylang Ylang: (say ee-lang ee-lang) Relaxes the mind, balances masculine and feminine energies (your inner hustle and flow). Emotionally uplifting, helps control negative feelings such as frustration and anger. Love it daily to keep me balanced and flowing.
- Peace & Calming: My favorite blend, just look at the name! Deeply relaxing, promotes peaceful sleep. Keeps me calm and sane. Love to wear it... always. (Contains Tangerine, Ylang Ylang, Blue Tansy, Orange & Patchouli.)
- Thieves: Powerhouse blend that defends, protects and supports the immune system. Anti-bacterial, -viral, -septic, and -fungal! Cleans my kitchen and bathroom. Love it for traveling. (Contains Clove, Cinnamon, Rosemary, Lemon & Eucalyptus.)
- Joy: Creates magnetic energy, uplifts the heart and soul, raises your frequency. Love to diffuse it to set the tone of my day or the mood of a social gathering. (Contains Bergamot, Lemon, Palmarosa, Ylang Ylang, Rose, Geranium, Jasmine, Roman Chamomile, Coriander & Tangerine.)
- to alleviate menstrual cramps and support a regular cycle
- to release stuck emotions and trauma
- to open your chakras
- to treat eczema, acne and reactive skin
- to ease depression and anxiety
- to increase sensuality
- to decrease cravings and blood sugar imbalances
- so that everyone will tell you that you smell amazing!!!