After all that confessing about my go-to stress snack - toast with nut butter - I've been eating it all week! What??
No, HOW! The energy of HOW you're showing up when you're eating something makes a world of a difference, no matter what it is. I'm sure you've mindlessly downed too much food, or just kept going even though you were full, and you know how that feels: a heavy mix of cathartic, pleasure, anxiety, rush, distraction, guilt...
That's why it's not so much about WHAT you're eating, but HOW. (The French have this down. And you can too...)
6 ways to change the energy of HOW you're eating:
- Say a prayer before you eat. Thank your body, thank the farmers, thank the cook.
- Put your fork down between bites. Chew. Breathe!
- Enjoy the quiet, or enjoy the conversation.
- Taste. (I know!) Savor. Feel the textures.
- Eat with your fingers.
- Get as into the flavors as Bob...
Inspired yet? I invite YOU to show up to a meal or snack in complete mindfulness and savor the whole thing, start to finish... Share with us! What felt different?